Urgent appeal for Personal Protective Equipment
Surrey County Council is appealing to businesses for vital personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies to help protect frontline workers delivering essential services to Surrey residents during Covid-19.
As the nation faces unprecedented demand for PPE, there is a very limited supply coming into the county for social workers, care home staff, firefighters and volunteers, with understandably the NHS being prioritised.
Steve Owen Hughes, Chair of the Local Resilience Forum said, “We are looking to businesses and other organisations to help us improve this situation for our frontline workers delivering help to vulnerable people. We are short of items such as masks, hand sanitiser and gloves which are fundamental for the good care of individuals with suspected symptoms of Covid-19.
We are hoping that businesses such as tattoo artists, beauty salons, nail bars and others that use these products daily can help us by offering stocks whilst they are closed. If you have any items from the specific list below, we would be very grateful for donations as soon as possible.
We also ask that any suppliers that can manufacture PPE contact us urgently.”
· Eye protection EN166:2001 Frame Marking: 3
· Hand sanitiser gel (greater than 60% alcohol)
· Disposable overshoes CE marked
· Disposable overalls CE marked
· Disposable plastic apron (single use)
· Disposable gloves (single use) EN:374/5 (Viral protection)/nitrile purple/nitrile blue
· Fluid repellent surgical mask (single use) Type 11R medical use
· Drager dust masks
· Hand soap
· Surface Cleanser Spray
· Universal Cleaner
· Cleaning cloths
· Blue Wiper Roll
· Industrial cleaning wipes (excess of 60% alcohol or a disinfectant contained within it)
· Jumbo Toilet Roll
· Paper Hand Towel
Donations can be made by contacting email@example.com. Delivery and collection can be arranged. All items need to conform to the safety standards highlighted above.