- Are your staff taking time off work due to back pain, costing you money?
- Are you constantly having to buy new chairs for your staff to avoid complaints?
- Losing productivity in your workforce due to neck and back complaints?
The hard facts
- 8.9 million working days lost due to work-related musculoskeletal disorders in 2016/17
- 507,000 Workers suffering from work-related musculoskeletal disorders (new or long-standing) in 2016/17.
∙The Work Foundation estimates that employees suffering from bone and joint pain cost the EU’s economies 240bn euros (£200bn) each year.
- Once symptoms do occur, we are slow to react. A two-year trial in Madrid showed that by assessing and treating 13,000 workers with MSKs who had been off for five days or more, their temporary work absence was reduced by 39% in the long term. The Work Foundation estimates that more than 60,000 Britons would be available for work if the Madrid tactics were replicated in the UK
- The rest of the body is likely to suffer too. Having an MSK dramatically increases the likelihood of suffering from depression, says the Work Foundation. And according to the ONS, depression accounts for the third largest amount of missed work days in the UK – 15 million.
So what to do?
At West Chiropractic we want to help people who sit behind a desk for most of the day. It’s unrealistic to think that we can stop desk work, it would be inefficient, and we wouldn’t get anything done. What if we could make sure that your staff are in the best possible position when sitting that their back pain would be a thing of the past?
Our local Posture Business Screening service:
- We assess each and everyone of your staff at their desk to ensure they are sitting in the best possible position using our new posture software equipped with a camera it measures the angles of the body to give an accurate biomechanical output of the posture.
- Offer spinal and posture advice to alleviate back and neck pain for each individual, this will be specific to their needs.
- Give our back-pain report to each staff member with proven strategies inside to reduce back pain.
- A written report to each staff member on their posture and what needs to be done.
- A voucher to visit the clinic for a full assessment which includes a full chiropractic consultation, posture analysis, a report and x-rays (If clinically justified), usually £160, it will be £30.
- What does it cost me the business owner? Nothing, the reason is it provides your staff with valuable information to get rid of their pain which means less days off work for you the business owner, for us it provides valuable exposure in the community.
- How long does It take? Depending on the size of the company. 1-10 people-1 hour, 10-50-2/3 hours, 50-100-Morning or afternoon, 100+-1 day
- Do you need space? No, we can carry out the assessments at the desk-but a lot of the times we are in a canteen or staff room and can do the assessments there.
- We are busy, does everyone have to do it? Not at all, you can select a section of the workforce, or they can self-select if they want to be checked.
- We don’t want you getting in the way and causing a disturbance. Yes we completely understand the need for discretion, we will cater for every office environment.
- What happens if you find something wrong with someone and I get the blame? Our job is not to point blame, it is to provide a solution to long term problems that are causing days off and lost revenue. We want to get these problems fixed.
If you would like to book in your Posture Business Screening then please call 01932355529 or email email@example.com.