Minutes of the Meeting held at Waitrose on Thursday May 2nd 2013 at 7.30am
1. Welcome and apologies
Pauline welcomed everyone. Apologies had been received from several members.
2. Minutes of Meeting April 4th 2013
3. Matters Arising
All Action Points formed Agenda items apart from the following:
Gary will chase Geoff McManus to respond to the Open Letter regarding parking issues in the village.
John A had informed the April meeting that Eezie would publish an A5 brochure to promote local businesses who attend meetings such as this one and WBBA could sell these at £1 per copy. He would send full details to Pauline for circulation.
John A to send details of A5 brochure for circulation
4. West Byfleet Festival – 2013
Pauline has booked the Recreation Ground and spoken to a couple of groups who are happy to assist. Plans are progressing slowly for a fun fair, food stalls, inflatables, a craft market and 5 zones to reflect the 5 continents. Shani volunteered to be in charge of the Europe Zone.
Riette reported on the meeting at Pyrford to organise events for the weekend of August 4th and 5th when Ride London will come through the 3 villages. They plan inflatables, ice cream stalls, community stalls and a live screen showing Ride London all day.
Riette asked for suggetsions for a permanent Legacy display in the village and it was suggested that one of the 2 notice boards near to Sheer House could be utilised for that purpose and the spare board moved to another location in the village, possibly outside the railway station.
Mark was thanked in his absence on holiday for all the work he does on this.
6. W B Christmas 2013
Noel and Christine M had organised 2 meetings both of which had been cancelled but they plan to set up another meeting and report back at the next WBBA meeting.
Christine M and Noel would arrange a sub group.
7. Planning Issues
There had been a report in the local paper regarding the recent meeting about Sheer House after which meeting 97 objections and 2 supporting comments had been lodged. A decision by the council was expected shortly. Roland stressed that the businesses should start preparing for the eventuality of the building needing major work – either re-cladding or re-building and the consequent disruption to the village when that happens. Shani warned the meeting that GfK were planning to re-locate away from the village with the loss of staff and their spending power in the village and leases run out in 2104.
The question was asked “What if any compensation would there be in the event of major disruption and building in the village?” Gary offered to invite the Planning Officer from the Council to the next meeting.
The meeting agreed we needed a sub group to look after this issue; Roland and Richard offered to set this up and Riette offered the help of trained facilitator from the council.
Roland and Richard to form a sub group.
The meeting agreed that John and Christine Morrison should be asked to take over membership, recruiting members and maintaining a list of current paid up members, lapsed and potential members; proposed by Shani and seconded by Christine O and carried unanimously. Ron had sent Pauline a list of paid up members which she would pass on. It was agreed that the membership fee should be increased.
The meeting thanks Richard and Mark for their work on the window decals and these were handed out
Ron, Pauline and John to carry out the designated actions.
9. Woking Chamber
There was nothing to report.
10. Date of Next Meeting
Thursday June 6th VENUE TO BE ARRANGED
The meeting closed at 8.45am with thanks to Noel for offering the venue at Waitrose.