Minutes of the Meeting held at Corkers Wine Bar on Thursday December 6th 2012 at 7.30am
Pauline Hedges – Chair
Mark Fuller, Christine Morrison, John Morrison, Christine Osborne, Sally Hodgkins, Catherine Richardson, Noel Richardson, Rob von Tonder, Oliver Lodge, Cllr Gary Elson.
1. Welcome and apologies
Pauline welcomed everyone. Apologies had been received from several members.
2. Minutes of Meeting November 1st 2012
3. Matters Arising
All Action Points formed Agenda items apart from the following:
- The Open Meeting with WBC on Parking would be deferred until the New Year as everyone was busy with Christmas.
- A second coat of anti-graffiti paint would not be needed for some months and cleaning the walls would be left until the warmer weather.
- Pauline will arrange an Open Meeting with Geoff McManus, Woking BC and discuss Parking Issues for mid-January, weather permitting.
- Gary explained that the council had written several times to the landlords of the properties on Old Woking Road which are infested with pigeons, but with no success. He offered to talk to the Council’s Pest Control Officer.
Gary to talk to WBC.
4. West Byfleet Festival – 2103
This item is on hold until after Christmas.
Mark Fuller reported that he posts the minutes on the website. Christine Osborne would send him an article she had written for Woking Means Business. He has offered to help new businesses get website through Start-Up Woking.
6. Christmas 2012
Pauline congratulated everyone on the wonderful Christmas tree display. She reported that Woking Council had been unable to allow a fairground ride to be put in the Library car park and that many traders with stalls she had approached were already committed to fairs elsewhere. She had 2 stall holders who would be placed outside Londis and the choir will sing outside Bell Amico and be asked to parade round stopping where there are Christmas trees.
Posters and flyers had been printed and Pauline offered to distribute these to West Byfleet school, Fullbrook School and doctors’ surgery and GFK; Christine Morrison offered to distribute them to the shops, particularly those with a tree outside and get a poster laminated by Eltons to put up in Waitrose car park.
Corkers will be closed to the public that night as they have a private function.
Pauline is unable to help on the night and Mark Fuller agreed to be in charge that night and John Morrison will help.
It was decided to set the date for Christmas Shopping Late Night for 2013 for the second Thursday in December – Thursday December 13th which would give plenty of time to attract stall holders for next year.
- Pauline and Christine to distribute posters etc.
7. Resident’s Association
Several businesses had completed their forms for membership but had been unable to pay their annual subs as they did not have an address. Pauline offered to contact John Bond.
- Pauline to speak to John Bond.
Ron was not present but it was agreed that Pauline would discuss the current situation with him. Oliver gave her an envelope with money for Trees, Posters, membership and website. Pauline had already passed on money collected by Christine Osborne.
- Pauline to liaise with Ron to issue membership reminders and receipts.
- Pauline to arrange an evening event in January.
8. Woking Chamber
Catherine and Pauline reported along with the Exec Committee from Woking Chamber, they had met with the Chief Officers of Woking Council. The council is very keen to improve trading in West Byfleet and want to hear from traders and residents.
There will be another Business Rate Payers meeting on Thursday January 31st – details to be circulated later.
1. Pauline offered to circulate details of a road closure in Triggs Lane.
2. Gary offered to help resolve a parking issue for a customer of Heather Forsters.
10. Date of Next Meeting
7.30am Thursday January 10th at Corkers Wine Bar. NOTE this is the SECOND Thursday as it is so close to the Christmas Holiday.
The meeting closed at 8.55am with thanks to Corkers Wine Bar.